Ezee Credit's Pledge to Your Privacy
Your privacy is important to Ezee Credit Auto Leasing & Sales, a division of Action Auto Leasing & Gallery Inc.. (referred to as "we" or "us" in this policy) and the purpose of this policy is to tell you what personal information we collect about you, how we use it, whether we disclose it to anybody else, how long we keep it, and how you can request access to your personal information or obtain more information about our privacy policies.
Personal Information: Personal information means any information about you except your name, business title, business address, business e-mail address, business telephone number or business fax number. It also does not include your home address and telephone number if these are published in a telephone or other directory.
We are responsible for the personal information under our control and we have designated our Secretary-Treasurer as our Privacy Officer who is responsible for our compliance with the policy and with privacy legislation. If you wish to contact Rex Kelly, you can do one of the following:
- By E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail - 1345 Florence Street, London, Ontario, N5W 5W2
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
When you purchase or lease a vehicle from us, or if you finance the purchase or lease of a vehicle through us, or purchase or lease other products or services from or through us or if you participate in one of our surveys, contests, or promotions, or if you test drive one of our vehicles or otherwise contact our staff, we may collect some or all of the following personal information:
- Your name, address and telephone number;
- E-mail address and facsimile number;
- Your occupation;
- Information about your driving habits (such as preferred car size, colour, type of vehicle, kilometers driven annually, etc.);
- Information about your existing vehicle(s) and any trade-in;
- Details of your vehicle and its service history;
- Your driver's license number;
- The name of your insurance company, agent and insurance company details;
- Similar information about other members of your family;
- Your language preference;
- Your date of birth and/or the date of birth of other members of your family;
- Your social insurance number and/or the social insurance number of other members of your family;
- Financial and credit information about you and/or other members of your family (specific information is set out in the application for credit forms);
- The terms of your loan, interest and repayment schedule and/or your lease financing terms;
- Health information if you are applying for life, health, disability or accident insurance;
- The amount of any health, disability or accident insurance and details of that insurance.
- Related information used to assist us in providing your vehicle needs and/or services.
Security of your Personal Information is Important
Your personal information is used by us only for the purposes identified below and access to your personal information is limited to our employees who need to have access to it or to those we share it with as outlined below.
How do we use your Personal Information?
Your personal information may be used by us to provide products and services to you such as: to obtain a license for your vehicle, to obtain a credit report if you are financing or leasing your vehicle, to obtain appropriate financing of your vehicle for you, to administer or follow-up on your existing lease or financing contract, to provide you with a reminder that your vehicle requires servicing and to provide you with updates and information regarding products and services we have to offer and which we think will be of interest to you.
Sometimes We Have to Share Your Personal Information with Others
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may share some or all of your personal information with third parties such as the manufacturer of your vehicle and its related companies, the providers of products or services relating to our vehicle, credit reporting agencies, financial institutions or financing companies, your insurance agent or company and companies which provide or insure warranties relating to your vehicle. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required or permitted by law to do so.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We retain your personal information as long as we believe we have products or services that may be of interest to you or have a need to use your information for administration and follow-up of a lease or financing contract. If information relates to the financing or lease of the vehicle, we retain personal information relating to the financing or lease arrangements at least while those arrangements are in place. If the information relates to the service or repair of your vehicle, we retain the personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to address any issues arising from the service or repair of the vehicle or as may be required by law. If there are legal requirements relating to the period of time which we must retain your personal information, we comply with those requirements.
What Can You Do If You Want to Limit the Use to Which We Put Your Personal Information?
Most of the personal information which we collect, use and/or disclose is required by us or others in order to sell or lease you your vehicle, to provide products and services related to the vehicle, assist you in the financing or lease of your vehicle or to provide service to your vehicle and we cannot do this without that personal information. If you do not want us to use or disclose your personal information in a particular way, please contact our Privacy Officer as described above and we will be pleased to discuss with you how we can limit the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
You Can Request Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to access the personal information which we have about you and to request that personal information which you believe to be inaccurate to be corrected. If you wish to access your personal information you should contact our Privacy Offices as described above who will be pleased to assist you.
Ezee Credit uses a feature of your Internet Web browser called a "cookie" to assign a unique identification to your session. Cookies are very temporary files that your Web browser places on your computer's hard drive. These cookies help our Web site to determine that the information you share with us is in fact secure. They also enable different pages within our application to verify that you are the same user from page to page.
Questions? Concerns? Contact Our Privacy Officer
- By E-mail - email@example.com
- By mail - 1345 Florence Street, London, Ontario, N5W 5W2